I’m off work for about 3 weeks. Some of that time will be a road trip with the kiddo up PCH to the Bay Area, but for the remainder I am looking forward to a couple hobby projects.
I’m in love with Fallout: Wasteland Warfare. The plan for the holidays is to complete painting of the models I have to date, as well as some general scatter terrain pieces. The big project, however, will be assembly and painting of Vault (number TBD). I’m using the amazing modular ARK kit from Black Site Studio. Love these guys. Great customer service, friendly, and quality pieces, give them a look. I already assembled the Ashton Supply Co. kit from them as well as the Cable Spools and working on their MDF shopping carts. They continue to create quality product, which makes my wallet cry. 🙂
I’ll post some reviews of the products as I go.
First batch of Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game models nearly completed. Just need to finish their bases which I’m doing in the same style as my Blood and Plunder terrain base colors. These Army of the Dead are from the new boxed set that was released back in August. Rohan is next on the list, and have already started working on them. Pretty straightforward as I want to have these models all look nice, but not take too much time. Also, at 25mm, they’re smaller models in general and should take less time. Ghosts – always easy. Pretty happy with the results.
Primed: I am still figuring out zenithal priming, and only using gray and white primers (Badger Stylynrez)
Base color: GW Nighthaunt Gloom Technical thinned with medium for flow
Wash: GW Waywatcher Green glaze
Chainmail: GW Leadbelcher washed with GW Nuln Oil wash
Wash again!: GW Waywatcher mixed with Nuln Oil over the shield wood and lower half of the models. If I do more I may bypass the initial green glaze step and just do this instead
Drybrush: GW Underhive Ash Dry to give some final pop to them.
I’ve mentioned previously that I will be attending Kublacon and running two Blood and Plunder events. I want to keep to my original goal of having everything I own to date painted when I head out. Coming into the home stretch I’m realizing I may have over committed, but am going to push through and see how far I get. I’ll track my daily progress here and on the BnP Facebook page if anyone’s interested. Tuesday night ended with the models being at this point.
As you can see, plenty to do. I had a good batch primed and semi-painted, but a way’s to go as well as the Unaligned models I still needed to wash and prime.
Wednesday evening I had some time to work on things, but the progress may not seem that dramatic.
Primed the bare metal minis, fixed the Spanish Commander’s loose arm, put shoes on nearly everyone, a few models needed base colors on pants/shirts, and base color on the…bases.
Where will tonight get me? We’ll see.
Realizing after looking at the calendar today that I leave for Kublacon in just over 4 weeks. Since I’ll be running two games of Blood and Plunder at the con and need to finish painting up things I’ve got my work cut out for me. I think it’s doable, but when I consider what’s left I get nervous. Checklist of the project below:
- Assemble and paint terrain (done!)
- Play mats (done!)
- Carrying case (done!)
- Counters/measuring tapes/dice (done!)
- Reference sheets for players (need to finish)
- Treasure objectives (painting)
- Ships (need paint)
- Ship sails/rigging (after paint – contracting that out)
- Longboats (almost finished)
- Pirates (some painted, too many to go)
Just need to focus on my painting time and get things finished. My airbrush has been a problem lately, spent time trying to remedy its issues, but might just be easier to skip it for now.
At least all my cannons are finished!
Still working on my Khorne army. Joined a Firestorm campaign group to push me to keep painting. I’ve settled on a paint scheme, but that’s for a later post – once I have better samples of the scheme ready. In the meantime I’ve been trying to churn through the 80 Bloodreavers I wound up with. I know each won’t be a masterpiece, so hopefully I can move with some average speed through the batch. Did the flesh tones wash on all of them one night. Honestly, the Badger flesh primer + the wash = that might be all the work I do on skin tones for these guys, it looks very nice on the bulk of them in person. Group shot:
Been trying to keep up with a consistent amount of painting per week. Tackling what I have already started/will be using next first as that seemed to make the most sense. 😀
These guys have been primed for months but I never got around to painting (shocker). Took the time to put them together and I’m happy with the results. I may go clean up a few details but I’m calling them completed. Not amazing, but I like.