Last night’s progress wasn’t that exciting visually. I cleaned up overslop with the metallics then washed all the Balthasar Gold with Agrax Earthshade to give it a darker tone. Then I took a batch of ten and drybrushed them with Runefang Steel. After that I started up the rest of the areas, like the flesh tones and bone (so far). Not sure I’ll have all 35 finished by this weekend, but I’m chugging along.
Since the new book is coming I thought I’d use that as an excuse/prod/whatever to maybe get my Ironjaws and Bonesplitters finished…finally. Wanted to blow through the ‘ard Boys since although I love me the Black Orcs, painting them is kind of a monotonous drudge. Here’s where I am as of Sunday night, about 30 of them in progress. Next up, cleaning up the steel where I’ve slopped the gold onto it.
They’re supposed to be rusty/corroded looking, and I think I’m getting there. They match the work I’ve completed on some of my Brutes and Gore Gruntas (pix later) as well as my Underworlds ‘ard Boys.