Worked for a bit last night on the Bloodbound for Shadespire. Here’s where I am now with those bad boys and a shot of where I am with all the bases.
The bases have been a delight to paint. Nothing fancy just some quick base colors/wash/hilight. Here’s what I’ve been using:
Base color – Badger’s Stynylrez gray aibrush primer
Wash – Nuln Oil
Drybrush 1 – Dawnstone
Drybrush 2 – Administratum Gray
Leaves – base color Elysian Green
Branches – base color X-88
Dirt – Mournfang Brown, wash Agrax Earthshade
Skulls – base color Zandri Dust, wash Agrax Earthshade, H1 Ushabti Bone, H2, Sceaming Skull
I’m happy I finally worked out a flesh recipe that works for me and the time I have to get things done. I’ll get the blues and reds darker obviously. I had a ‘happy accident’ in the blues (ew). I’d painted two of the guys with black pants (see pt. 1) and when I went to look at doing a deep blue similar to Red Gobbo’s (pt. 1) I started painting this blue over the black. I am liking this much better than the blue then shaded with a black/blue wash (as you can see if you compare them in the group shot). I think I might go back and hit them with black and then blue over that. Debating…This is also serving as my test run for my actual Bloodbound army so whatever colors work here I’ll be carrying them over to the AoS figs.
Flesh Tones: base is Stynylrez light flesh, washed with Reikland Fleshshade, then drybrushed hilights of Kislev Flesh (need to double check that), and then Flayed one Flesh afterward, last was a thin wash of the Reikland Fleshshade again. I’m still messing with the scars, will post what I’m doing with them later. I might try an even thinner second Reikland on future models.